The Warlord's Series Extension Lessons
Do you love exploring math with story books? This engaging series will introduce kids to the history of ancient China, while teaching important math concepts!
I've created this fun collection of exploration activities, extension lessons and low-prep games to keep the learning going as you read the books in The Warlord's Series by Virginia Pilegard.
While some of the books cover concepts more appropriate for upper elementary, I've created games and activities for younger kids as well so that everyone can be included in the math fun. :)
Here are the books and topics covered in the extension lessons:
- The Warlord's Puzzle: Tangrams, composing shapes and fractions within a tangram
- The Warlord's Beads: Counting, place value and large numbers
- The Warlord's Kites: Area and perimeter
- The Warlord's Puppeteers: Ratios and proportions
- The Warlord's Fish: Cardinal directions and plotting points on the coordinate plane
- The Warlord's Alarm: Telling time and elapsed time
- The Warlord's Messengers: Distance, rate and time
- The Emperor's Army: Volume and estimation with large numbers
There are 3-4 activities, increasing in difficulty, for each of the 8 books. And while it is obviously more fun to do the activities and play the games along with the books, most of these lessons can be used independently.
Also included are teaching tips as well as answer keys (when necessary).
**Please Note: This is intended for personal use in one home or classroom only. If other parents or teachers are interested in using these resources, they must purchase their own copy. Thank you for your honesty. **
**This is a digital, pdf download which is made available to you after you checkout. No physical product will be mailed to you.**